India – The land of vibrant festivals, cultures and traditions. We celebrate all festivals with loads of Enthusiasm and Gaiety! As we all know, its a Festive Season and its hard not to get excited when different festivals come up!!!! There is one amazing festival where wives celebrate their beautiful relationship with their spouse on this day. It is considered to be one of the most sacred traditions for a Hindu married woman. Traditionally, the wives fast from sunrise to moonrise for the prosperity, well-being and longevity of their husbands. Yeah…. you are right, of course I am talking about Karva Chauth!!
It is also common for young women to keep this fast for their fiancés or their husbands to be. I particularly love this festival so much. Still remember, I too used to keep this fast before I got married!! 😀 😀
The preparation of Karwa Chauth starts a few days before the actual day. Every married woman wants to look like a newly wed bride and gorgeous on this day.
Women just love buying things that signify marriage like Sindoor, Glass Bangles, Jewellery, Cosmetics, Red Bindis, Mehndi, Puja Items (SOLAH SHRINGAR) etc, As I said its a super exciting occasion for all women therefore around this time, mostly women start their beauty regime too. Here I am sharing are a few beauty tips for you all to follow at-least 2 days before your big day.
BEAUTY TIPS FOR YOUR SKIN AND BODY
- Moisturize your skin frequently and gently massage it to keep it from getting dry.
- Keep yourself hydrated, drink loads of water to flush out all your body toxins to get that beautiful glow on your face!
- Stick to green leafy vegetables and fruits for glowing skin. Avoid Junk and spicy food as much as possible even though it may tempt you.
- Ladies, you deserve to get pampered. So, pamper yourself a bit Head and Body massages.
- Nowadays, mostly women are going in for facial and body rejuvenation treatments like Botox, Laser Treatments, Tummy tucks etc. If you do opt for such treatments for this Big Day, make sure that you are aware of all the pros and cons. Also keep in mind that the costs for these treatments increase at the time of Karva Chauth.
BEAUTY TIPS FOR YOUR FACE AND EYES
- Don’t forget to remove your all eye makeup/Face makeup before going to bed to avoid skin eruptions.
- Make sure you sleep well in the nights (Minimum 8 hours) leading up to Karva Chauth to avoid dark circles and a dull complexion.
- Splashing water regularly over your eyes has a cooling effect.
- You may put the pieces of Potato or Cucumber over your eyes to sooth them. You can also soak a cotton pad in some rose water and place the pads over your eyes.
- Face masks are nice and easy way to treat your skin to all kinds of goodies. They make your skin younger and healthy.
- Make sure to choose a pack that suits your skin type.
- Multani Mitti packs are a great option.
BEAUTY TIPS FOR YOUR HAIR
- Massage your hair with Olive Oil or Coconut Oil or an hour before washing it.
- Go for a hair spa to a salon. You may also use protein packs at home. Egg hair pack is an excellent option.
- Make sure to use a conditioner after every wash.
- Let your hair dry naturally. Do not use blow dryer.
- Use Heat Protecting Spray while styling your hair. Also use ceramic coated irons while styling your hair as this will not damage the texture of your hair.
- Get rid of split ends.
BEAUTY TIPS FOR YOUR FINGER AND TOE NAILS
- Make sure to get a manicure and pedicure.
- Keep your hands and feet moisturised by massaging them frequently. Hand and feet massages are great for relieving stress as well.
- Don’t work too much in water, this will protect your nails from breaking.
TIPS FOR YOUR BIG DAY!! TADAAA
PAMPER!! PAMPER!! PAMPER!!
Just pamper yourself on the day of Karva Chauth as much as you did before. Its your day! Feel Special!
Here are a few tips for your special day.
- You can get your hands and feet filled with beautiful large Mehndi designs. Apply some lime juice or Vicks for a darker color.
- The secret to not getting tired while fasting is not to stress yourself out. Don’t overexert yourself, else you will end up with tiring face by the time you get ready.
- Keep your mind engaged in some exciting things like watching your favourite movie, getting your clothing ready or your jewellery in order.
- Apply your makeup carefully. Make sure to use a good foundation before you start. Don’t forget to add a bit of blush to your cheeks and color to your eyes and lips.
- Red, gold and orange are considered to be auspicious colors for a married woman. You can add a bit of these colors to your makeup as well. For example, you could wear red nail polish or use a gold eyeshadow to complement your clothing.
- If you are wearing a Saree, try draping it in a new way. In Suit-Salwar or Lahnga, you can try wearing dupatta in a different way too.
- Your Karva Chauth extra special if you are a newly-wed bride, since it will be your 1st Karva Karva Chauth, make sure that you spend that extra time getting decked up in your special bridal wear and look absolutely gorgeous in the evening!
Its your day ladies!!! So get ready to celebrate this Karva Chauth with a bit of glamor and style and look your very best!!
Hope you liked this post!